Texas Sausage, Beans, and Rice
|Dried kidney beans||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Medium|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Hot bulk sausage||1 Pound|
|Mild bulk sausage||1 Pound|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Sort and wash beans and place in a large Dutch oven.
2. Cover with water 2 inches above beans and let it soak overnight.
3. Drain beans and cover with water.
4. Stir in next 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
6. In a large skillet, brown sausage stirring to crumble and drain well.
7. Stir into bean mixture and cook, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes.
8. Remove bay leaf and ham bone and stir in parsley.
9. Serve over cooked rice.