|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Raw rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef, green pepper and onion. Drain the fat.
2) Sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper and chili powder.
3) Add the rice and tomatoes.
4) Bring the contents to a boil reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook till the rice is soft, about 25 to 30 minutes.
5) Transfer the Texas Hash to a serving platter and serve while still piping hot. Makes a good main course dish.