Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
|Sweet italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sweet pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded & cut into 2 x 1/4 inch strips (Green / Red)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced (1 Medium)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Pepperoni||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated pizza crust dough||10 Ounce (1 Tube)|
|Pizza sauce/Spaghetti sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Bottled / Canned)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, coarsely shredded (1 Package)|
1) Preheat oven to 425° F.
2) Remove casings from sausage.
3) Take a large heavy skillet and crumble meat in it. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, stirring constantly.
4) Line a plate with paper towel and transfer meat on it. Remove fat from the skillet.
5) In the skillet, add onion and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
7) Add pepperoni, mushrooms, oregano, basil and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. In case the mixture seems to be turning dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water.
8) Take a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet and place the unrolled pizza dough in it. Stretch the dough about 1 inch along the sides to fit in the sides. Roll the four corners on the inside slightly.
9) Spread 2 tablespoons pizza or spaghetti sauce on the dough. Place 1/2 the mixture evenly and top with 1/2 the sausage. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and dot with 3 tablespoons pizza sauce. Repeat layering. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust turns golden and cheese is melted. Leave aside for 5 minutes.
10) Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.4 mg16.5%
Sodium 862.1 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet