Vegan California Orange Cookies
|Wholemeal flour||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Soya flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||5 Ounce (140 grams)|
|Wheatgerm flakes||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 gram)|
|Almonds||4 Ounce, ground (115 gram)|
|Barbados sugar||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease a baking tray.
3. Mix Barbados sugar and vegan margarine and beat it well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the above mixture to make soft dough.
5. Leave the dough wrapped in a foil for an hour so that it becomes firm.
6. Make balls of the dough.
7. Roll the balls carefully between two sheets of foil to make biscuits, which are neither thick nor thin.
8. Cut the biscuits into a desired shape.
9. In a greased baking tray, place all the biscuits and bake it in an oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 20 minutes.
10. Serve Vegan California Orange Cookies with hot beverages like tea or coffee.
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 400
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.9%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.1 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet