California Home Fries
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, sliced and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped (2 cups)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Medium, cored, seeded and chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Red skinned potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
1) Take cast iron skillet and season it. Keep aside the seasoned skillet.
2) Heat the cast iron skillet on medium heat.
3) Add bacon to the skillet and cook to make the bacon crisp.
4) Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper toweling.
5) Reserve 5 tablespoons of drippings and pour off the remaining drippings.
6) Saute the onion along with green and red peppers in the reserved 1 tablespoon of drippings.
7) Take out the vegetables and keep in a plate.
8) Saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the reserved drippings for 3 minutes. Remove the mushroom and keep in a plate.
9) Now saute the potatoes in the 2 tablespoons of the reserved drippings for 10 minutes.
10) Put the vegetables back to the skillet along with broth, salt, paprika, basil, oregano and black pepper.
11) Toss all the ingredients well.
12) Cook them for 12-15 minutes
13) Add vinegar and bacon. Mix them well.
14) Garnish the dish with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1188 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 2759.8 mg115%
Total Carbohydrates 230 g76.5%
Dietary Fiber 34.5 g138%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 42 g84.9%
Vitamin A 186.9% Vitamin C 787.2%
Calcium 29% Iron 64.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet