Individual Beef Wellington With Wine Sauce
|Beef tenderloin||3 Pound, sliced into 12 pieces of 4-ounce each|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal stock/Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Rich)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen puff pastry||45 Ounce, thawed (2 1/2 Packets)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 475F. Lightly grease a pan.
2) Arrange the tenderloins on the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides of the meat.
3) Roast the meat for about 7 minutes. Take it off the oven and chill.
4) Remove the mushroom stems from the caps. Chop the caps evenly.
5) In a skillet, melt butter. Saute the chopped caps till they soften and the liquid has evaporated.
6) Add in stock and butter. Allow the mixture to come to boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
7) In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with a little cold water.
8) Add it into the stock. Stir till the mixture becomes thick.
9) Add in the wine and stir well. Let cool down.
10) Take the pastry and roll it out into 12 7X7-inch squares of 1/8-inch thicknesses.
11) Place a tablespoon of the wine sauce on each of the pastry square. Place a tenderloin over the sauce. Add a tablespoon of the mushroom caps. Add an extra tablespoon of the sauce over it.
12) Apply a little cold water on the edges of the pastry. Wrap the pastry around the beef and press the edges together firmly to seal. Chill the pastries for 1 hour.
13) Arrange the chilled pastries on a non-stick baking sheet. Let them rest to reach room temperature.
14) Before baking, brush the pastries with a lightly beaten egg to get a shiny crust.
15) Turn town the oven temperature to 425F. Bake for 15 minutes till the pastries get a brown crust.
16) Serve the Beef Wellingtons with extra Wine Sauce on the side.
Calories 841 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg33%
Sodium 498.2 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet