Louisiana Style Potato Salad
|New potatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs), cut in 1/4 inch thickness|
|Bacon slices||5 , cut in 1/2-inch pieces|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), refrigerated (Regular Or Light)|
|Dill salad dressings||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), refrigerated|
|Louisiana hot sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet pickle relish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chunky)|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Water||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a 4-quart saucepan and boil water in it. Add the potatoes and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep aside.
2) In an 8-inch skillet heat vegetable oil and cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towel and get rid of bacon drippings (reserving just 1 tablespoon).
3) In a mixing bowl combine salad dressing, black pepper, hot sauce and reserved bacon drippings. Add bacon and toss.
4) In another large bowl combine green pepper, potatoes, onions and pickle relish. Add the dressing and toss nicely. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours.
5) Line a salad bowl with lettuce and spoon out the cold salad inside it.