Baked Red Snapper Florida Style
|Red snapper||7 Pound (1 whole)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Green pepper||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Soft stale bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh dill/Dill seed||To Taste|
|Red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Clean the red snapper and split open with the head portion intact.
3) In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in 3 tablespoons bacon fat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the bread crumbs and chopped fresh dill to taste.
5) Stir in the beaten eggs, mix thoroughly.
6) Stuff the red snapper with the onion mixture and secure with toothpicks.
7) In a greased shallow baking pan, place the stuffed fish, cover with the bacon slices and pour in 1 cup red wine.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
9) Transfer the fish to a hot platter and keep aside.
10) In the skillet drippings, blend in the flour, stir in rest of the wine and tomato paste.
11) Stir constantly and cook, until smooth and thickened.
12) Season with the salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
13) Spoon over the sauce and serve the Baked Red Snapper Florida Style immediately.