Basic All In One Victoria Sandwich Layer Cake
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft margarine||6 Ounce (tub type)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 Large, beaten|
|Castor sugar/Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Line two 7 inch layered cake pans with non-stick parchment paper.
3) Sift together the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
4) Add in the margarine, sugar and eggs into the bowl. Beat for about 3 minutes till well mixed.
5) Transfer the batter equally into the two pans.
6) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until it firms up.
7) Unmould the cake onto a wire rack. Take out the parchment paper and let the cake cool down.
8) You may freeze the cake at this stage by wrapping it in cling foil. Transfer into a freezer bag.
9) Freeze the bag.
10) Serve the Basic All in one Victoria Sandwich Layer Cake, with a spread of jam and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
11) To thaw the cake, let rest at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) Serve as in step 12.