California Golden Sherry Pork Roast
|Pitted prunes||4 Ounce (14 pieces)|
|Golden sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lean boneless pork loin||3 Pound|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Crystallized ginger||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a glass bowl, place the prunes and drench them in the sherry. Leave to soak overnight or at least for 2 hours.
2. Drain and reserve the liquid in a small saucepan.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
4. Male a pocket in the boned pork loin by making a lengthwise slit, about 2 ½-inch deep.
5. Spoon the plumped prunes into the pocket.
6. Skewer or tie the roast to prevent the stuffing from spilling out and shape it into a firm roll.
7. Place it in a shallow pan and place in the preheated oven.
8. Sear the meat in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
9. In the meantime, in the saucepan with the drained sherry, combine the remaining.
10. Heat on a low flame, stirring until well blended.
11. Glaze the pork all over with the sauce.
12. Reduce oven heat to 300°F and continue to roast until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into center registers 140°F, 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes more.
13. Brush the pork every 30 minutes with the sauce.
14. Remove and cover the pork with foil. Rest the pork before slicing into serving portions.
15. Slice and serve the pork accompanying it with apple sauce, cabbage or mustard if you like.
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.8 mg44.6%
Sodium 803.6 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 50 g99.4%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet