Double Cream And Jam Victoria Sandwich
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Warm water||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line two 8 inch layered cake pans with non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Add in 1 tablespoon of the flour into the egg mixture.
5) Gently fold in the rest of the flour. Add enough water to get a easy flowing batter consistency.
6) Transfer the mixture equally into the two cake pans.
7) Bake for 25 minutes or till the batter becomes golden and rises.
8) Let cool out of the pans over the wire rack.
9) If you want to freeze the cake, wrap the cakes in two separate cling films. Place in a freezer bag. Freeze the bag.
10) Serve the Sandwich Cake with a spread of jam and double cream. Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
11) Thaw the Cake by placing at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) Serve as in step 10.