Jam Filled Victoria Sandwich
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Icing sugar/Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 5 or 360°F.
2. Take two 7 inch sandwich tins. Grease and scatter flour over the base.
3. In a stand mixer, add margarine. Beat until fluffy.
4. Add caster sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
6. Then add the flour and beat. Add a little water in the end and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Add warm water to control the consistency.
7. Pour the mixture evenly between the two tins and spread out evenly.
8. Bake a third of the way down oven for 15 to 25 minutes.
9. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
10. When the cake is cold, trim the cake if needed. Apply jam on one side of both the cakes and sandwich together.
11. Sprinkle icing or caster sugar
12. Slice and serve as a tea-time snack.