Jam Filled Victoria Sandwich
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Icing sugar/Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
1. Preheat the oven to Regulo 5 or 360°F.
2. Take two 7 inch sandwich tins. Grease and scatter flour over the base.
3. In a stand mixer, add margarine. Beat until fluffy.
4. Add caster sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
6. Then add the flour and beat. Add a little water in the end and beat until a nice, creamy, silky batter with a dropping consistency is formed. Add warm water to control the consistency.
7. Pour the mixture evenly between the two tins and spread out evenly.
8. Bake a third of the way down oven for 15 to 25 minutes.
9. Remove and cool on a wire tray.
10. When the cake is cold, trim the cake if needed. Apply jam on one side of both the cakes and sandwich together.
11. Sprinkle icing or caster sugar
12. Slice and serve as a tea-time snack.
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 810.9 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 71.8 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet