California Cheese And Rice Casserole
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|White rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), freshly cooked|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 Large, crumbled|
|Canned green chilies||8 Ounce, chopped, drained (2 Cans, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated (2 Cups)|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (As Needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 2 quart or 12x8x2 inch baking dish lightly.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© onion for about 5 minutes until golden.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in hot rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, bay leaf, salt and pepper until well mixed.
5. In the bottom of a baking dish, spread half of the rice mixture, then half of the chillies and sprinkle half of the cheese.
6. Repeat layering and bake uncovered for 25 minutes until bubbly and hot.
7. Garnish with sliced tomato.
8. Sprinkle chopped parsley.