Texas Bean Pie
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||21 Ounce|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound|
|Corn meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at (350° F.).
2. In a pan, heat fat and brown beef.
3. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, seasonings, tomato puree and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in the corn meal such that the mixture becomes very thick.
5. Pour into a 2 quart casserole and top with cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated moderate oven 10 to I5 minutes until cheese melts and browns slightly.
7. Serve the pie with garnish as desired.