California Pita Pockets
|Packed cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or Regular)|
|Finely chopped cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Beefsteak tomato||12 Ounce, cored (1 Tomato)|
|Pita pockets||2 (6 Inch)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To prepare the cilantro leaves rinse, dry and finely chop them.
2. Cut the tomato into 1/2-inch dice and keep aside.
3. Combine them with the mayonnaise and the juice of 1 lime.
4. With the mayonnaise mix the chicken and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
5. Peel and pit the avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice and place in a bowl.
6. With the avocado in the bowl combine the tomato and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over them.
7. Taste, add more lime juice if necessary and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
8. Just before eating, in an ungreased iron skillet set over medium heat warm the pita breads for a few seconds on each side.
9. Then remove the breads from the heat, open them up and stuff them with the chicken salad and sprouts.
10. Serve with the tomato and avocado salad.
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 328.1 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet