Barbecued London Broil
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large pan, mix the butter, coffee, bitters and molasses and stir over low heat till the butter melts. Set the pan aside to cool for later.
2. Preheat the grill
3. Wash the steak, score the surface of the meat and then cut a criss-cross pattern on both sides of the meat. Then brush both sides of the meat with sauce.
4. Place the meat on the grill about 2 inches above glowing charcoal, basting often with sauce, for about minutes. Sprinkle with half the salt.
5. Turn the meat and grill for 3 minutes longer, basting often. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
6. Cut on the diagonal in very thin slices and then pour any remaining sauce over steak slices.
7. Serve hot