Miami Spice Seafood Barbecue Sauce
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Onions||2 , diced|
|Scotch bonnet pepper||3 , seeded, deveined and minced|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pear tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Amber beer||12 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a large, heavy saucepan placed over high heat, saute the peppers, garlic, onion and bay leaf in oil till the ingredients begin to caramelize.
2) Add the stock, beer and tomatoes and reduce the heat to moderate-high.
3) Continue to cook the mixture till it has reduced by 1/2.
4) Add the sugar, cumin and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Add the cornstarch mix to the sauce and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring well at all times.
6) Serve the sauce at room temperature as either a topping or as a finish to grilled seafood.