Meatball Soup California Style
|Fresh garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Large Ones)|
|Round beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice||2 Tablespoon (Uncooked)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned beef broth||21 Ounce (2 Cans Of 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2 x 1/4 inch strips|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2 x 1/4 inch strips|
|Canned garbanzos||8 3⁄4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, stewed (1 Can)|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Fresh garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pressed|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Peel garlic and put clove of garlic under garlic press for mashing.
2. Combine beef, egg, Â½-teaspoon salt, rice, and 2 tablespoon of parsley and form an even mix.
3. Form 20 meatballs out of this mix.
4. Set the meatballs aside for further use.
5. Now chop the left over three cloves of garlic, or on your preference, you can mash them.
6. Take a 3-quart saucepan, add garlic into hot oil, and cook until it turns soft and tender. Take care so that it may not turn brown due to overcooking.
7. Now add the leftover 1-teaspoon salt, lemon-pepper seasoning, broth, water, carrots and celery.
8. Bring the entire mix into boiling.
9. Drop the meatballs into the mix and simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Put in the soup undrained garbanzos, tomatoes, and leftover chopped parsley and continue cooking for 10 minutes more.
11. Scoop the soup into large soup bowls.
12. Sprinkle spoonful cheese butter in it and serve immediately.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.2%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g128.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.4 mg59.1%
Sodium 1970 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 26 g52.3%
Vitamin A 159.2% Vitamin C 44.9%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet