Louisiana Hot Pot
|Ham||2 Pound, cook-before-eating, cut in 1-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Unsifted)|
|Yams/Sweet potatoes||6 Medium, pared and cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|Leeks/2 medium-size onions, sliced||4 , trimmed and sliced|
|Peas/1 package green peas, 10 ounces, frozen||1 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Trim off all the excess fat from the ham.
3. Take a paper bag and shake cubes with flour to coat properly.
4. In a cup, mix together salt, curry powder and pepper.
5. Take a 12-cup deep baking dish and layer vegetables like half of each of yams or sweet potatoes, leeks or onions, ham, peas and olives, sprinkling each layer lightly with seasoning mixture.
6. Repeat the layering process with remaining vegetables, ham and seasoning mixture.
7. Add boiling water on the top and dot with butter or margarine. Cover the pan.
8. Place the pan in the oven for 3 hours or until ham is soft.
9. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.1 mg38.4%
Sodium 885.3 mg36.9%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.4%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 131.4%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet