California Gourmet Garlic Loaf
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet french bread loaf||1 Pound|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Pitted ripe olives||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and aluminium-wrap a baking sheet.
2) Slice the French Bread into two long halves and place each half on the baking sheet. Scoop out the bread in chunks from the centre leaving only the crusts behind.
3) In a skillet, melt butter and saute garlic and sesame seeds. Add in the scooped out bread chunks and fry till they absorb the flavored butter and turn golden brown.
4) Take the skillet off the heat. In a bowl, add in sour cream, monterey and parmesan cheeses, parsley and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix well.
5) Into the bowl, add artichoke hearts and toasted bread chunks. Mix all well and scoop a portion out into the two emptied bread crusts each.
6) Sprinkle the top with grated cheddar cheese.
7) Bake for 30 minutes.
8) Garnish the California Gourmet Garlic Loaf with drained olives, tomato slices and parsley sprigs.
Calories 2433 Calories from Fat 1423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g259.6%
Saturated Fat 75 g375%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 346.8 mg115.6%
Sodium 4834.7 mg201.4%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g61.1%
Dietary Fiber 25 g99.9%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 75 g149.5%
Vitamin A 113.1% Vitamin C 88.6%
Calcium 169.5% Iron 151.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet