California Style Herb And Goat Cheese Filled Chicken Breasts
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, and cartilage removed (2 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Goat cheese||1⁄2 Pound (Use Domestic Or Imported Chevre, At Room Temperature)|
|Finely chopped fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped thyme||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, finely minced|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chardonnay/Other good dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheating the oven at 375° F for getting ready for use
2. Loosen the skin from the chicken pieces just enough so that a pocket can be formed, however, the skin should be left partially attached.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Divide the filling between the chicken meat pockets and tuck under the skin.
5. Pull the skin over and around the filling; tuck all the edges of the meat pieces to form a neat little package.
6. Place the chicken pieces in an oiled glass-baking dish.
7. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt, pepper to taste, and brush the tops with oil. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or until both the sides of the meat becomes golden brown.
8. Pour the excess fat from the pan. Place the pan over medium-high flame.
9. Add wine and deglaze in it; scrap up the browned bits as the sauce is reduced in its quantity.
10. Before getting the food ready for serving, it is to be cooked until the sauce is slightly thickened. Strain the sauce if necessary and serve it on the side.