California Pork Scallop
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Stick)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen concentrated orange juice||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ready-mix bread stuffing||8 Ounce (1 Package Or 4 Cup)|
|Ground sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked pork slice||8|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken gravy||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. In a medium-size frying pan saute onion in butter or margarine such that softened.
2. Stir in water and 1/4 cup concentrated orange juice and save remaining 1/2 cup.
3. Let it heat to boil and in a medium-size bowl pour over bread stuffing and sage and stir to moisten well.
4. In a greased 6-cup casserole alternate 3 layers of stuffing and 2 of pork slices, beginning and ending with stuffing.
5. In a bowl combine saved 1/2 cup concentrated orange juice, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in 1-cup measure and drizzle over top.
6. Bake in moderate oven at 350° for 45 minutes such that the top is crusty-brown.
7. In small saucepan heat chicken gravy and serve separately to spoon over scallop.
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg10.7%
Sodium 463.2 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 71.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet