Granny S Victoria Sponge
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce, softened (200 Grams, Plus Extra For Greasing)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (200 Grams)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (200 Grams, Plus Extra For Dusting)|
|Raspberry jam||6 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||9 Fluid Ounce, whipped (250 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/190°C gas/fan.
2. Take five 2 X 20 cm sandwich tins, grease thoroughly and dust with flour and keep aside.
3. Take a bowl, add butter, vanilla and sugar and cream thoroughly.
4. Slowly add eggs, individually, beating well after each addition. Fold in flour and blend well.
5. Fill the pans with equal amounts of mixture, arrange in the oven and bake for 20 minutes to allow mixture to rise and turn golden brown. Push the middle to check if cake springs back.
6. Take out, cool for 5 min in the tine itself, transfer to a wire rack and cool thoroughly.
7. Apply jam on one cake top followed by cream.
8. Sandwich cakes and using icing sugar, dust the sandwiched cake.
9. Serve immediately.