Shanghai Party Pleasers
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked skinless turkey/Chicken||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Oat bran hot cereal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Low fat plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped water chestnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lite soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
1. Strain the pineapple to collect its juice.
2. Take a medium saucepan and add brown sugar, cornstarch and dash of ginger mixing it well.
3. Put in combined pineapple juice, water, 1/4 cup pineapple and margarine and mix well.
4. Let it boil over medium-high heat and thereafter lower the heat.
5. Let it simmer about 1 minute, stirring frequently or such that the sauce is thickened and clear.
6. Keep this aside and let the oven heat to 400°F.
7. In the rack of 13 x 9-inch baking pan lightly spray using vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
8. Add turkey, oat bran, yogurt, water chestnuts, onions, soy sauce, egg white, 1 teaspoon ginger, salt and remaining pineapple and mix well.
9. Thereafter form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
10. On prepared rack arrange them.
11. Let it bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
12. Serve with pineapple sauce.
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg12.9%
Sodium 400.6 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet