Shanghai Party Pleasers
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked skinless turkey/Chicken||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Oat bran hot cereal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Low fat plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped water chestnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lite soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
1. Strain the pineapple to collect its juice.
2. Take a medium saucepan and add brown sugar, cornstarch and dash of ginger mixing it well.
3. Put in combined pineapple juice, water, 1/4 cup pineapple and margarine and mix well.
4. Let it boil over medium-high heat and thereafter lower the heat.
5. Let it simmer about 1 minute, stirring frequently or such that the sauce is thickened and clear.
6. Keep this aside and let the oven heat to 400°F.
7. In the rack of 13 x 9-inch baking pan lightly spray using vegetable oil cooking spray or oil lightly.
8. Add turkey, oat bran, yogurt, water chestnuts, onions, soy sauce, egg white, 1 teaspoon ginger, salt and remaining pineapple and mix well.
9. Thereafter form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
10. On prepared rack arrange them.
11. Let it bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
12. Serve with pineapple sauce.