|Chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (2 Medium Onions)|
|Chopped green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Medium Pepper)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or crushed|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Regular brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Raw)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 Cans, 14 Ounce Each)|
|Rhine wine/Sauterne / other white dinner wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced cooked turkey/Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a large pan or skillet, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup of the Rhine Wine, ham and turkey.
2) Place over heat to boil the mixture by stirring.
3) Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer about 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
4) Remove cover and add ham and turkey.
5) Cook without the cover for about 10 to 15 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
6) Remove from heat and pour in remaining Rhine Wine.
7) Garnish with chopped parsley or shredded Parmesan cheese, before serving.