Quebec Cream Of Tomato Soup
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon (Few Leaves Required)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Not Homogenized)|
1) Take a saucepan and put the tomatoes in it.
2) Add finely chopped onion, minced celery leaves, sugar and savory to it.
3) Simmer the tomatoes along with the other ingredients for 20 minutes
4) Add the cornstarch and mix it with ½ cup of cold milk.
5) Add the rest of the milk (2 cups) to the mixture.
6) Thicken the mixture of milk and cornstarch by cooking it over low heat.
7) Pour the hot milk mixture over the hot tomatoes and stir well before serving.
8) Serve immediately after adding ½ cup of cooked rice to it.
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.1 mg4.7%
Sodium 248.3 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 26.3%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet