|Dried egg powder||60 Milliliter|
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Self-raising flour||100 Gram|
|Jam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Grease 2 18 cm/7 in sandwich tins, line the bases with circles of greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
2. Blend the dried egg and 60 ml/4 tbls of the water together to a smooth cream. Stir in the remaining water.
3. Cream the butter or margarine and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
Gradually blend in the egg mixture, alternately with about 30 ml/2 tbls of the flour. Fold in the remaining flour.
4. Divide the cake mixture between the tins and level the tops. Bake in the centre of a moderately hot oven at 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 minutes. Cakes should spring back when pressed lightly with a finger and have begun to shrink from the sides of the tins.
5. Turn out the cakes on to a wire rack and remove the paper. Leave to cool. Sandwich the cakes together with jam and sprinkle a little caster sugar on the top.