Real Texas Blackberry Cream Cheese Pecan Coffee Cake Part 4 of 5
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cream cheese mixture|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For blackberry sauce|
|Blackberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a spring form pan with butter and then dust with flour. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, butter, flour and sugar. Mix until crumble.
4. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture and set aside. Into remaining mixture add in the baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, eggs, almond extract and sour cream. Mix well.
5. Scrape out the mixture into the prepared spring form pan, oil your hand and spread the mixture. Wet your hand with warm water and spread the mixture evenly. Set aside.
6. Into the same stand mixer, cream together cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
7. Pour the mixture over the prepared crust and spread evenly.
8. Meanwhile in a sauce pan, add in the blackberries, sugar and water. Place over the stove and cook until thick.
9. Spread the mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
10. In a bowl, mix together remaining crumble and pecan meal. Sprinkle the mixture over the blackberry sauce. Bake in oven for 45 minutes, until done.
11. Take out the cake from the oven and let it cool over the cooling rack for 15 minutes.
12. Slice the cake and serve with coffee or tea.
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.3 mg29.4%
Sodium 327.2 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 30 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet