London Broil With Mixed Vegetables
|Boneless top round steak||15 Ounce|
|Balsamic wine vinegar/Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions/Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (small cloves)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||9 Ounce, thawed, cut into halves (1 package)|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (ready to serve)|
|Dry red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
1. In glass or stainless-steel bowl combine steak and vinegar, turning to coat; set aside.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add onions, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pepper is tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add artichokes and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. In 1-cup liquid measure combine broth, wine, and cornstarch, stirring to dissolve cornstarch; stir into skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Remove steak from marinade and set aside. Stir marinade, mint, and basil into vegetable mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, about 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Preheat broiler. Spray rack in broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray; arrange steak on rack and broil until browned and done to taste, 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
5. To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain and arrange on serving platter; top with vegetable mixture.