Real Texas Spicy Shrimp with Real Texas Sriracha Sauce Part 3 of 5
|Shrimp||12 , peeled and deviened|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (For greasing)|
|For basting butter|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, freshly chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|For sriracha sauce|
|Fresh grapefruit juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , freshly minced|
|Worchestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sriracha sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. For Shrimp Seasoning – in a bowl, mix together chili powder, paprika, curry powder, cumin powder, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, white pepper, cayenne pepper and kosher salt. Set aside.
2. Place the shrimps in a skewer and set aside.
3. Preheat the grill and grease with some olive oil.
4. For Basting Butter – in a medium bowl, mix together butter, white wine, fresh lemon juice, fresh ground pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, fresh parsley and fresh cilantro. Set aside.
5. Coat the shrimp with oil and season generously with seasoning. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
6. Meanwhile prepare sriracha sauce – in a blender, add in the egg yolks, garlic, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh orange juice, kosher salt, shallot, Worcestershire sauce and sriracha sauce. Blend for a few seconds.
7. Stream in the oil in small batches and blend. Add in the cilantro and mix well.
8. Place the shrimp over the grill and baste frequently with butter mixture. Grill 3 minutes on each side.
9. Serve jasmine rice into a plate and top with shrimp skewers. Drizzle in sriracha sauce and serve.