|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound (about 2 chicken breasts)|
|Celery stalks||3 Medium, finel chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Andouille sausage||1 Pound, cut in 1" pieces|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Old bay seasoning/Creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed tomato can||14 Ounce|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and ground pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
1. Place chicken breast on plate and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, on both the sides.
2. In a Dutch oven, or a sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown the chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot, cut in bite size pieces and set aside.
4. To the same pot add celery, bell pepper, and onion allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously and scrape the bottom.
5. Put in the sausages, stir and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until you start to smell it.
6. Put in the rice and stir to mix, and then mix in Old Bay, chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes, bring it to a boil.
and cook for about 30 minutes.
7. Serve hot in a bowl.
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.5 mg50.5%
Sodium 1237.2 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 79.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet