Mmmm mmmm mmm nothing better than a good jambalaya and I don’t want to toot my own horn or anything, but this is delicious.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 Pound (about 2 chicken breasts)
3 Medium, finel chopped
Green bell pepper
1 , finely chopped
1 Medium, finely chopped
1 Pound, cut in 1" pieces
2 , minced
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Old bay seasoning/Creole seasoning
Crushed tomato can
Long grain rice
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt and ground pepper
1. Place chicken breast on plate and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, on both the sides.
2. In a Dutch oven, or a sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat and brown the chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Remove the chicken from the pot, cut in bite size pieces and set aside.
4. To the same pot add celery, bell pepper, and onion allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously and scrape the bottom.
5. Put in the sausages, stir and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until you start to smell it.
6. Put in the rice and stir to mix, and then mix in Old Bay, chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes, bring it to a boil.
and cook for about 30 minutes.