Brownwood Texas Black Bean Soup
|Black beans||2 Pound, washed and soaked overnight|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart (Or Canned Broth)|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Ounce|
1) Pour off the water from beans.
2) In a pot, place beans with chicken stock and bacon.
3) Heat to boil and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat butter and olive oil and saute onion and bell pepper.
5) Stir in the onion mixture in the bean mixture.
6) Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, cumin, and vinegar.
7) Allow to cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until beans are cooked.
8) Serve the Brownwood Texas Black Bean Soup in soup bowls with hot rice if desired.