Ramona Werst shares her secret recipe for Real Texas Picante Sauce and shows how to make it.
5 Pound, finely chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
1 Tablespoon, minced
1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
Red wine vinegar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a baking sheet, place the poblano and banana peppers. Broil for 10 minutes, flipping with tongs in between.
2. Take out the peppers and wrap in plastic sheet, let it sweat.
3. Peel the skin off the peppers. Remove the top and seeds of the pepper. Coarsely chop the peppers and set aside.
4. In a large vessel, add in the roma tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and mix well. Stir in the garlic, ginger and onion. Followed by chili mixture and red wine vinegar and mix all the ingredients well. Bring to boil on high heat.
6. Stir in the Thai basil, mix all the ingredients and turn the heat to medium – low. Let it simmer for 2 – 3 hours.
7. Serve Picante Sauce with Avocado Fries.