All Purpose Louisiana Crayfish Salad
|Raw crayfish tail||1 Pound, peeled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced (Hear And Leaves)|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), hand-sliced, tops and bottoms|
|Carrot||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (More For Creamier Consistency)|
|Dijon mustard||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl place the raw crayfish tails and season with salt.
2) Put the lid on and place the bowl in cooker.
3) Steam crayfish tails allow to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring twice.
4) Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5) In a food processor, place the crayfish and process until chopped.
6) In a bowl, place together chopped crayfish, eggs, celery, green onion, carrot, and red pepper.
7) Toss the crayfish mixture until thoroughly mixed.
8) Stir in mayonnaise and mustard and mix well.
9) Cover the bowl and refrigerate before serving.
10) Serve cold over a bed of lettuce if desired.
This salad can be used as filling for sandwiches, a spread for crackers, or a stuffing for fresh tomatoes or avocado.
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.1 mg43.7%
Sodium 629.9 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet