|Beef tenderloin||4 Pound|
|Canned liver pate/Spread||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pastry||1 (Prepared From Pie Crust Mix Or Buttery Pastry)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
1. Set beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 425°F 25 minutes (medium rare). Remove from oven and cool completely.
2. Discard any fat on roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread with liver pate.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pastry (enough for the equivalent of three 9-inch pie shells).
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry large enough to wrap around the roast.
5. Place meat on one edge of pastry and bring other edge over meat to cover completely; reserve extra pastry for decorations. Moisten edges with water and pinch together firmly. Place on a baking sheet. Cut out a few small holes on top to allow steam to escape.
6. Cut out decorative shapes from reserved pastry. Moisten underside of each with water and place on top. Brush entire surface of pastry with a mixture of egg yolk and water.
7. Bake at 425°F 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
8. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before carving into thick slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3233 Calories from Fat 1327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.5%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g253%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1733.2 mg577.7%
Sodium 1807.9 mg75.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 419 g838.3%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 207%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet