|Beef tenderloin||4 Pound|
|Canned liver pate/Spread||3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pastry||1 (Prepared From Pie Crust Mix Or Buttery Pastry)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
1. Set beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 425°F 25 minutes (medium rare). Remove from oven and cool completely.
2. Discard any fat on roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and spread with liver pate.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pastry (enough for the equivalent of three 9-inch pie shells).
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry large enough to wrap around the roast.
5. Place meat on one edge of pastry and bring other edge over meat to cover completely; reserve extra pastry for decorations. Moisten edges with water and pinch together firmly. Place on a baking sheet. Cut out a few small holes on top to allow steam to escape.
6. Cut out decorative shapes from reserved pastry. Moisten underside of each with water and place on top. Brush entire surface of pastry with a mixture of egg yolk and water.
7. Bake at 425°F 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
8. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before carving into thick slices.