Layered Vegetable Torte
|Hot roll mix||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||20 Ounce (2 Package, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cauliflower flowerets||3⁄4 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 1⁄2 Pound, diagonally sliced|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Follow package directions to prepare hot roll mix up to the first rising.
3. In a pan cook broccoli in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain out broccoli from water and dry with paper towel.
5. In a bowl mix broccoli and 2 eggs.
6. Stir in next 5 ingredients and mix.
7. In a pan cook cauliflower in lightly salted water for 5 minutes.
8. Drain out cauliflower from water and dry with paper towel.
9. In processor bowl, position knife, add cauliflower, seal the lid and puree cauliflower.
10. Keep aside.
11. In a skillet heat butter and saute onion until tender.
12. Add cream and stir.
13. Boil the mixture and cook and stir over high heat until mixture is slightly thick. Keep aside.
14. In a bowl mix cauliflower and 2 eggs.
15. Add onion mixture, garlic salt, and dillweed, stir well. Keep aside.
16. In a pan cook carrots in lightly salted water for 10 minutes.
17. Drain out carrots from water and dry with paper towel.
18. In processor bowl, position knife, add carrots, seal the lid and puree carrots.
19. In a bowl mix carrots and 2 eggs.
20. Add next 6 ingredients and mix. Keep aside.
21. Punch the dough. Lightly flour a flat surface and knead the dough for 2 minutes.
22. Divide dough in two and cover one portion.
23. On a lightly floured surface roll the remaining portion into an 8-inch circle.
24. With a 2-inch biscuit cutter make a hole in center of circle.
25. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom.
26. Place the circle into it.
27. Spread broccoli mixture over the dough evenly.
28. Layer cauliflower over it.
29. Spread carrot mixture over it.
30. Roll the other part of dough into a 10-inch circle.
31. With a 2-inch biscuit cutter make a hole in center of circle.
33. Place the circle over carrot mixture.
34. Press the edges to seal.
35. Indent top of dough with knife making 12 wedges. Do not cut thoroughly.
36. Baste with a melted butter.
37. Keep aside in a warm place (85°) to rise for 40 minutes until top doubles in bulk.
38. Wrap bottom of pan with foil.
39. Bake in oven for 1 hour.
40. Cover the top with foil to prevent overbrowning.
41. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
42. With a knife, loosen torte from sides.
43. Hold center tube of pan, lift, and remove.
44. Cool for 15 minutes.
45. Invert torte onto a plate and invert again onto platter.
46. Garnish with parsley.