Toasted Almond Butter Torte
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cake mix||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||6 Ounce, sliced (1 Package)|
|Creamy fudge frosting mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Creamy vanilla frosting mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted (10X Sugar)|
1) Make 6 cones, each from 3-inch rounds of wax paper and secure with cellophane tape.
2) In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate pieces over simmering water.
3) Allow to cool, and smear thinly inside the paper cones to cover completely.
4) Place each upright in a small bottle.
5) Place in the refrigerator until chill and firm.
6) Lightly grease in two 9x1 1/2-inch layer-cake pans and dust with flour.
7) In a bowl, make cake batter with cake mix, eggs and water, as per the directions mentioned on the label.
8) Bake in the preheated oven as per the directions mentioned on the label.
9) Allow to cool cake in the pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
10) Remove the cake from the pans following the label directions.
11) In a shallow pan, smear almonds in the bottom, heat in same oven 12 minutes, or until tightly toasted; set aside.
12) In another bowl, prepare fudge frosting mixture with 1/4 cup of the butter or margarine and warm water, as per label directions.
13) In a medium bowl, dissolve instant coffee in 1/4 cup warm water.
14) Stir the vanilla frosting mix and remaining butter or margarine; prepare, following label directions.
15) While still stirring, add in 10X sugar until smooth, reserve 1 cup frosting, set aside.
16) Place the cake layers together with remaining coffee frosting in middle.
17) Place on a serving plate.
18) Smear the chocolate frosting on side and top of cake and dredge all over with toasted almonds.
19) In a cake-decorating set fitted with fancy tube, fill with saved 1 cup coffee frosting.
20) Squeeze the frosting into chocolate cones to fill.
21) Peel the papers from cones carefully and place on top of cake.
22) Make rosettes around bottom of cake by pressing remaining coffee frosting.
23) Refrigerate until chilled and serve.
Calories 1020 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 425 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g51.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 123.9 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.2% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet