Quick Sacher Torte
|Sour cream fudge cake mix||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chocolate frosting||21 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 5 Ounce)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease two 9X1 ½-inch round layer-cake pans and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl, make the cake batter using cake mix, eggs and water, following the instructions mentioned on the label.
4) Transfer the cake batter into the layer pans.
5) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Allow to cool the cake layers in pans on wire rack 10 minutes.
7) Using knife loosen around edges and invert onto racks.
8) Leave to cool completely.
9) When ready serve, in a saucepan, slowly heat apricot preserves stirring continuously, just until heated thoroughly.
10) In a small bowl, pass the preserves through a sieve and allow to cool.
11) Slice the cake layers to make 4 evenly thin layers.
12) Smear each of the 3 layers with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting.
13) Top with 1/3 cup of the apricot preserves.
14) Place the layers back together on a serving plate.
15) Put the plain layer on the top.
16) Cover the sides and top of torte thinly with remaining chocolate frosting.
17) Refrigerate the cake until chill.
18) Slice the cake in thin wedges, and serve.