Rosette Ribbon Torte
|For rosette ribbon torte|
|Semi sweet chocolate||6 (6 squares)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||4 (from Walnut Meringue Rounds and Rosettes)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1 Pound, sifted (1 package)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For walnut meringue rounds and rosettes|
|Ground walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For hot milk sponge cake|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Hot Milk Sponge Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease two 8X1 1/2-inch baking cake pans and dust with flour.
3) In a bowl,sift flour, baking powder and salt.
4) In a large mixer bowl beat eggs at high speed until fluffy-thick.
5) Gently beat in sugar until mixture almost doubles in volume and is very thick.
6) Lower the speed of the mixer and beat in hot milk and vanilla.
7) Lightly fold in flour mixture, a third at a time, just until blended.
8) Transfer the flour mixture into the pans.
9) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Allow to cool the cake in pan over wire rack for 10 minutes.
11) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges and turn out onto wire racks.
12) Allow to cool completely.
Walnut Meringue Rounds and Rosettes
13) Preheat the oven to 300°F
14) Lightly grease a cookie sheet and lightly dust with flour.
15) Make two 7-inch circles over the flour on the sheet.
16) In a small bowl, mix together walnuts and cornstarch.
17) In a large bowl, place the egg whites and place cream of tartar.
18) Using an electric beater beat until foamy-white and double in volume.
19) Stir in sugar, a tablespoon at a time; until sugar dissolves completely and meringue stands in firm peaks.
20) Add the walnut mixture and vanilla in the egg white mixture.
21) Spoon egg white mixture into piping bag with star nozzle.
22) Make out 12 small rosettes onto cookie sheet.
23) Pipe remaining meringue, dividing evenly, into circles on cookie sheet to form layers.
24) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until firm and lightly golden.
25) Allow to cool completely on cookie sheets on wire racks.
26) Using spatula loosen the meringue carefully from cookie sheets.
27) Push the meringue off onto racks.
28) Use as required.
Rosette Ribbon Torte
29) In the top of double boiler, melt 4 square of chocolate over hot water.
30) Place the chocolate from the tip of a teaspoon onto a cookie sheet to form small rounds.
31) Place in refrigerator until chill and firm.
32) Six hours before serving, in the top of double boiler, melt 2 square of chocolate over hot water.
33) In a large bowl place together chocolate, butter or margarine, instant coffee, and egg yolks.
34) Beat the butter mixture until fluffy and gradually beat in 10X sugar until smooth.
35) In a bowl, beat cream until stiff.
36) Arrange one sponge layer on a large serving plate, smear half of the whipped cream over top.
37) Spread with the layer of meringue.
38) Gently spoon raspberry preserves over meringue.
39) Place the second meringue layer and spread with remaining cream.
40) Top with second sponge layer.
41) Smear the sides of the dessert with part of the butter-cream mixture.
42) Fill the remaining butter cream into the piping bag with star nozzle.
43) Make out the rosettes over top of dessert to cover completely, and around bottom edge.
44) Gently loosen chocolate rounds from wax paper and place on top of dessert and remainder around bottom
45) Press meringue rosettes in between.
46) Dredge with more 10X sugar, if desired.
47) Refrigerate and serve chilled.