|Flour||9 Ounce (250 gram)|
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Roasted hazelnuts||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|For chocolate cream|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (1 knob)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Roasted hazelnuts||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
3) Rub in the butter pieces until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4) Stir in the sugar and hazelnuts and knead into a rough dough.
5) Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 7inch circle.
6) Place on baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7) In a pan, cook the marshmallows, cocoa, butter and milk over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows have dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
8) Allow to cool, then fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, then sandwich the layers of shortbread together with this mixture.
9) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, place in a freezer friendly container, seal, label and freeze.
10) Garnish the Nuss Torte with whipped cream and hazelnuts and serve on a serving platter.
11) If using the frozen dish, remove on a serving platter, then thaw at room temperature for 2 hours and serve as indicated in step 10.