|Marshmallow creme||17 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|10 inch angel cake||1|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||1⁄2 Ounce, shaved (1 Square)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Combine together the marshmallow creme, hot water, vanilla and coffee powder in a small mixer bowl.
3) With an electric mixer set at low speed, beat the mixture till it is blended. Set the speed to high and beat till fluffy.
4) Whip the cream till soft peaks start to form.
5) Into the marshmallow mixture, fold the whipped cream.
6) On a cookie sheet, spread the almonds and bake in a 325 degrees oven for about 15 minutes to toast them.
7) Crosswise slice the Angel Cake into 3 layers.
8) With 1/3rd of the marshmallow filling, frost the top of each layer and then sprinkle with 1/3rd of the shaved chocolate.
9) On a cake plate, assemble the frosted layers and garnish with the toasted almonds.
10) Serve the Heavenly Torte chilled or at room temperature. Makes an excellent dessert as well as a good tea/coffee accompaniment.