|Plain flour||5 Ounce (150 g)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (180 g)|
|Butter cream||8 Ounce, flavoured with 4 oz (120 g) plain chocolate|
|Lump sugar||5 Ounce (150 g)|
1) Set the oven at 375°F or Mark 5.
2) Grease 6 baking sheets and dust lightly with flour.
3) With the help of a plate, mark an 8-inch circle on each one.
4) In a bowl, sift the flour with the salt.
5) In another bowl, break the eggs and add the sugar.
6) On gentle heat, place the bowl over a pan of hot water and beat the mixture till thick and white.
7) Take the bowl off the heat and whisk till cold.
8) Gently fold the flour into the mixture and divide into 6 portions
9) Spread each portion over a circle on the prepared sheets.
10) Place in oven for about 5-6 minutes.
11) While on the baking sheet, trim each round with a sharp knife and then cool on a wire rack.
12) Place each round on an oiled sheet.
13) For the caramel, over low heat, add sugar in water and heat without boiling.
14) When dissolved, raise the heat and cook to a rich brown caramel.
15) Quickly pour this over the individual rounds.
16) Just before the caramel sets, using an oiled knife, mark it into portions and trim the edges.
17) Add the chocolate butter cream between two rounds and, add the caramel-covered rounds on top.
18) Add the cream over the sides.
19) Press around crushed caramel or grated chocolate.
20) Add dollops of butter cream on each portion.