Mocha Blitz Torte
|Chocolate cake mix||15 Ounce (1 package, 2-layer-size)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Fluffy white frosting mix||5 1⁄4 Ounce (1 package, for 2-layer cake)|
|Almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), slivered|
|Dessert topping mix||2 Ounce (1 package)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Prepare dessert topping mix following package directions.
3. In a pan prepare cake mix as per package directions, adding coffee powder to batter.
4. Into 2 greased and paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans, pour the cake mix and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
5. Prepare frosting mix as per package directions.
6. Remove cake layers from oven and quickly spread frosting over tops, keeping it from touching cake pans.
7. With half the almonds sprinkle each layer, return to oven and bake 1 5 minutes more.
8. Let the layers cool in pans whereby the frosting can settle somewhat as cake cools.
9. Remove cake from pans, place one cake layer on plate, frosting side up and spread with topping.
10. Top with second layer and chill cake for about 2-3 hours.
11. Serve the Mocha Blitz Torte post special dinners.