Low Fat Jam Torte
|Berry apricot jam||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Beat egg yolks to a thick mixture. Gradually, add jam, oil, and vanilla and beat well.
3. Mix breadcrumbs with baking powder and salt and stir this mixture into egg yolk mixture.
4. Beat egg whites to a frothy mixture. Gradually, add sugar, and beat until the mixture stiffens, but not dry.
5. Fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
6. Transfer to a 9-inch tube pan and bake for 60 minutes or until the torte browns and teaser inserts comes out clean.
7. Invert immediately with the pan elevated from table level using a bottle until cold.
8. Using a spatula, loosen the sides, and turn out.
9. Serve Jam Torte as a snack with coffee or as a dessert with whipped cream.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.4 mg41.1%
Sodium 372.9 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.1% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet