Key Lime Cream Torte
|Butter yellow cake mix with pudding||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Box Or 1 Pound And 2.25 Ounces)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon, mixed with water|
|Water||1 1⁄8 Cup (18 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce, not evaporated (1 Can)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Filling)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Filling)|
|Lime slices||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F. If using dark or nonstick pans, heat oven to 325°F.
2) Grease two 9- or 8-inch round cake pans with shortening. Lightly dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl add all cake ingredients.
4) Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until moistened.
5) Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
6) Pour the batter and even out pans.
7) Bake the 9-inch pans for 27 to 32 minutes and the 8-inch pans for 32 to 37 minutes.
8) Let stand for 15 minutes.
9) Take off from pans and cool for 1 hour.
10) In small bowl add condensed milk and 1/2 cup limejuice. Mix well.
11) In a large bowl, add whipping cream and beat with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
12) Keep aside 1 cup of whipped cream.
13) Gently add condensed milk mixture into remaining whipped cream. Blend well.
14) Halve horizontally each cake layer to make 4 layers.
15) On a serving plate, place 1 layer cut side up.
16) Spread evenly 1/3 of the whipped cream filling.
17) Follow the process with second and third cake layers.
18) Top with remaining cake layer.
19) Fill a decorative pattern pipe or spread whipped cream over torte.
20) Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
21) Garnish with lime slices.
22) Store in refrigerator.
23) Serve cold.