Forgotten Cherry Torte
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen whipped dessert topping||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||5 Drop|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450° F.
2. Take a 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish and butter it.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites till they are frothy.
4. Add cream of tartar and salt and continue beating into soft peaks
5. Gradually add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time and beat into stiff peaks.
6. Turn the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
7. With a spatula, smoothen the surface of the mixture.
8. Place the baking dish in the pre-heated oven.
9. Close the oven door and turn off the heat right away.
10. Leave the dish in the closed oven for at least 8 hours or overnight. Do not open the door.
11. Take the meringue out of the oven and spread half of the dessert topping on it.
12. In a bowl, add the cherry pie filling, lemon juice, and almond extract and mix well.
13. Spread half of this on the dessert topping.
14. Repeat the processes of spreading the topping and the pie filling mixture.
15. Spread well so that the edges are covered.
16. Cover the dish and chill overnight again.
17. Cut the torte into squares
19. Spoon extra whipped topping and serve.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 217.3 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet