Bonbon Ribbon Torte
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Whipping)|
|Frozen raspberries||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot halves||8 , well drained (From A 1 Pound Can)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Onto wax paper, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the butter or margarine with sugar till the mixture is fluffy-light. Beat in the egg and 1 tablespoon of the cream.
4) Add the flour mixture, 1 third at a time, and stir well to blend and make a stiff dough.
5) Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and place one on a large cookie sheet.
6) Take a piece of wax paper and cut it into a rectangle measuring 9 1/2x 3 ½ so that it can be used as a shaping guide. Place the rectangle over the dough on the cookie sheet and press the dough out evenly till it is the same size as the waxed paper. Peel the paper off. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough with a second cookie sheet. Make 8 rectangles from the dough. Use a fork to prick the rectangles all over.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 9 minutes or till the dough is lightly golden and firm. Cool for several minutes on the cookie sheets. Remove and completely cool.
8) Into a small bowl, press raspberries with syrup through a sieve to make a puree. Discard the seeds.
9) In a small saucepan, stir the puree slowly into the cornstarch. Add the currant jelly and cook, constantly stirring, till the jelly has melted and the sauce is thick. Boil for about 3 minutes and remove from the heat. Chill.
10) Some hours before serving, use about 2 tablespoonfuls of the raspberry mixture to spread each cookie layer evenly.
11) In a medium-sized bowl, beat the remaining cream till it is stiff. Spread 1/3 cupful over the raspberry mix on 7 of the cookie layers.
12) On a serving plate, stack the cookie layers and cover with the remaining layer. In a row on top, arrange the apricot halves. In poufs all around the apricots, spoon the remaining cream.
13) Serve after chilling well.
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.8 mg20.3%
Sodium 228 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 63 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet