|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease two 9 inch pans
3. Roll zwieback into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
4. Mix with baking powder and nuts.
5. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon- colored; beat in sugar and salt and stir in crumb-nut mixture.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into yolk mixture.
7. Turn into the cake pans.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes; cool.
9. Remove from pans and put layers together with the cup of heavy cream which has been whipped and sweetened to taste.