Chocolate And Coffee Torte
|Caster sugar||75 Gram|
|Chopped hazelnuts||50 Gram|
|Sponge finger biscuits||32|
|Black coffee||150 Milliliter|
1) Use foil to line an 8-inches round tin.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the cocoa, egg yolk, sherry and nuts and stir well. Mix the ingredients properly together and if required, add some more sherry to make a spreading consistency.
3) In the coffee, quickly dip the sponge finger biscuits, sugar side down, and arrange a neat layer in the prepared tin’s bottom. Cover with half of the chocolate filling.
4) Arrange another layer of biscuits dipped in coffee on top of the chocolate and spread the remainder of the filling. Cover with the remaining biscuits, keeping the coffee side uppermost.
5) Freeze by covering with foil, sealing, labelling and placing in the freezer.
6) Thaw for about 4 hours on a serving dish in the fridge. Serve after covering with ¼-pint of whipped cream and garnishing with small meringues.