Lemon Almond Torte
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Coarsely ground blanched almonds||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Tablespoon (From 2 Lemons)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Take a 10-12 inch springform pan and butter it nicely. Flour the pan lightly.
3. Take a large bowl and whisk egg whites until the soft peaks are formed. Continue whisking the mixture after adding 1/3 cup sugar . The sugar should be added in a very gradual manner and it should be whisked until stiff peaks are formed.
4. Take a large bowl and add egg yolks to it. Whisk the egg yolks nicely and stir in the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar and continue beating until the mixture gets thick and color.
5. Stir in grated lemon rind and almonds along with egg whites.
6. Spread the mixture in pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes at 350°F until the cake starts shrinking from the sides of pan and the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Prepare the glaze by boiling lemon juice and sugar. Stir in butter after removing it from heat.
8. Drizzle glaze over cake after poking holes in a warm cake. Use toothpick to poke the holes.
9. Cool the cake and remove form pan.
10. Peel thin layer of lemon rind using a vegetable peeler or zester.
11. Chop it into wispy thin strips.
12. Take a small saucepan with water, add lemon rind to it and boil it for about 5 minutes in water. Keep the saucepan covered throughout the cooking period.
13. Whip the cream until it becomes stiff, and stir in sugar.
14. Spread the cream over the cake.
15. Serve after garnishing it with lemon strips.